What You'll Learn
In this course, you will learn to create and modify complex documents and use tools that allow you to customize those documents.
- Organize content using tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Insert content using quick parts.
- Use templates to automate document formatting.
- Control the flow of a document.
- Simplify and manage long documents.
- Use mail merge to create letters, envelopes, and labels.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows®, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser. In addition, you should be able to navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, and saving documents; formatting text and paragraphs; format the overall appearance of a page; and create lists and tables. To meet these prerequisites, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Microsoft® Office Word 2016: Part 1 (GK course 4194)
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10 (GK course 4191) or Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7 (GK course 4193)
Who Needs To Attend
This course is designed for students who wish to use Microsoft Word to create and modify complex documents and use tools that allow them to customize those documents.