What You'll Learn
In this course, you will learn fundamental Word 2016 skills.
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows®, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser. For example, you can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking either of the following Logical Operations courses, or any similar courses in general Microsoft Windows skills:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10 (GK course 4191)
- Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7 (GK course 4193)
Who Needs To Attend
This course is intended for students who want to learn basic Word 2016 skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.