What You'll Learn
In this course, you will create and manage an Access 2016 database.
- Design a relational database.
- Join tables to retrieve data from unrelated tables.
- Validate data entered into a database.
- Use advanced queries to manipulate your data.
- Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
- Customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
To ensure your success, it is recommended you have completed Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 1 (GK course 4182) or possess equivalent knowledge. It is also suggested that you have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and use a browser to access websites. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking either of the following Logical Operations courses, or any similar courses in general Microsoft Windows skills:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10 (GK course 4191)
- Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7 (GK course 4193)
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 1 (GK course 4182)
Who Needs To Attend
This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases, performing database maintenance, or creating advanced queries and reports.