What You'll Learn
IBM BigInsights Overview
- Understand the purpose of big data and know why it is important
- List the sources of data (data-at-rest vs data-in-motion)
- Describe the IBM BigInsights offering
- Utilize the various IBM BigInsights tools including Big SQL, BigSheets, Big R, Jaql and AQL for your big data needs.
IBM Open Platform (IOP) with Apache Hadoop
- List and describe the major components of the open-source Apache Hadoop stack and the approach taken by the Open Data Foundation.
- Manage and monitor Hadoop clusters with Apache Ambari and related components
- Explore the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) by running Hadoop commands.
- Understand the differences between Hadoop 1 (with MapReduce 1) and Hadoop 2 (with YARN and MapReduce 2).
- Create and run basic MapReduce jobs using command line.
- Explain how Spark integrates int the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Execute iterative algorithms using Spark's RDD.
- Explain the role of coordination, management, and governance in the Hadoop ecosystem using Apache Zookeeper, Apache Slider, and Apache Knox.
- Explore common methods for performing data movement
- Configure Flume for data loading of log files
- Move data int the HDFS from relational databases using Sqoop
- Understand when t use various data storage formats (flat files, CSV/delimited, Avro/Sequence files, Parquet, etc.).
- Review the differences between the available open-source programming languages typically used with Hadoop (Pig, Hive) and for Data Science (Python, R)
- Query data from Hive.
- Perform random access on data stored in HBase.
- Explore advanced concepts, including Oozie and Solr
Who Needs To Attend
This intermediate training course is for those who want a foundation of IBM BigInsights. This includes:
- Big data engineers
- Data scientist
- Developers or programmers
- Administrators who are interested in learning about IBM's Open Platform with Apache Hadoop.
This course consists of two separate modules. The first module is IBM BigInsights Overview and it will give you an overview of IBM's big data strategy as well as a why it is important to understand and use big data. The second module is IBM Open Platform with Apache Hadoop. IBM Open Platform (IOP) with Apache Hadoop is the first premiere collaborative platform to enable Big Data solutions to be developed on the common set of Apache Hadoop technologies.