Applying Enterprise Business Architecture
Add visibility into your enterprise for better decision-making by building a business architecture framework and applying more strategic business analysis techniques.
Why should my company or those companies I support apply an enterprise business architecture?
This workshop offers topics related to enterprise-wide analysis while drilling down into the business architecture. There are many key benefits for focusing on the business architecture, including that it:
- Decreases costs of business analysis activities for projects
- Decreases scope gaps and portfolio management conflicts
- Improves business decision making and the visibility of business process opportunities
- Assures alignment of technology to business valued processes
- Improves communications
- Shortens time for business transformations
- Reduces technology investment risks
- Assists in requirements tracking
- Increases reusability of assets
How might this workshop help me if I don't have a company that is implementing an enterprise business architecture?
The business architecture has many components and artifacts. They might not all be applicable to every enterprise. The techniques and tools that you will apply in the workshop can be tailored to your specific company's environment. The key is to gain a "good enough" understanding so that you can communicate the benefits of relevant business architecture components and artifacts and know which will provide the biggest business value.
Many of these initiatives will take years to implement while changing the enterprise paradigm to effectively utilize the result. Managers tend to be assigned to these initiatives without the knowledge or skills to make them successful. Be ready for these enterprise initiatives! Assure business value when transitioning from strategy to tactical. Participants will learn to identify the best approach to use based on initiative characteristics and business strategies.