What You'll Learn
- Back-up and restore Tivoli Storage Manager databases and storage pools
- Write and use macros and scripts to automate operations
- Optimize IBM Tivoli Storage Manager with performance tuning parameters
- Use client and server trace functions
- Troubleshoot and recover from a database failure
- Recover a storage pool volume
- Configure and use server-to-server virtual volumes
- Configure and use backup sets and online image backup
- Configure and use multiple-session backup and move node data
- Enable and use file grouping and open file support
- Configure single administrative logon
- Enable Disaster Recovery Manager
You should understand Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1 and have 1-2 months of hands on experience with the product. ÿThese skills are covered in course IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1 Implementation and Administration (TS613).
Who Needs To Attend
This advanced course is for senior system administrators and storage specialists who have prior experience with Tivoli Storage Manager.