Managing Risk in Information Systems
Learn how to manage and reduce IT-associated risks.
This course provides a unique, in-depth look at how to manage and reduce IT-associated risks. You will learn about the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) risk, response, and recovery domain in addition to risk management and its implications on IT infrastructures and compliance. Using examples and exercises, this course incorporates hands-on activities related to fundamentals of risk management, strategies, and approaches for mitigating risk. You will also learn how to create a plan that reduces risk. Additional course assets include case scenarios and handouts and eBook (via CourseSmart).
This course, written by Darril Gibson, author of the book CompTIA Security +: Get Certified, Get Ahead, covers content within the following industry certification exams:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) - two content domains covered
- Security + - "Compliance and Operational Security" domain covered
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) - "Risk, Response, and Recovery" domain covered
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) - "Incident Response" domain covered
- 8570.01 - "Compliance and Operational Security" domain covered