What You'll Learn
- Apply data definition language (DDL) to describe tables and views
- Use UPDATE, INSERT, ALTER, and DELETE to modify SQL tables and maintain a database
- Make use of the SELECT statement to extract data from tables and views
- Code SQL queries that include column and scalar functions
- Code SQL queries that include inner and outer joins
- Utilize SQL Query Manager
Who Needs To Attend
This is an intermediate course for experienced IBM i (including i5/OS and OS/400) programmers. However, very skilled IBM i users who want to learn how to use the SQL programming language as a means to access the DB2 Database for IBM i may also consider attending this class.
This course is not recommended for users who need to perform simple queries. DB2 WebQuery Getting Started is an end user oriented tool designed for this purpose. You can learn about IBM Query for IBM i by attending such courses as DB2 WebQuery for IBM i Workshop (OD040).