What You'll Learn
- Explain what high availability is.
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA for AIX.
- Design and plan a highly available cluster.
- Install and configure PowerHA for AIX in the following modes of operation: Single resource group on a primary node with standby node; and Two resource groups in a mutual takeover configuration
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies
- Perform basic system administration tasks for PowerHA.
- Perform basic customization for PowerHA.
- Perform basic problem determination and recovery.
You should be an AIX system administrator and have TCP/ IP, LVM storage and disk hardware implementation skills. These skills may be obtained by attending:
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN120) or (AX120)
- Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination (AN150) or (AX150)
or through equivalent experience.
Who Needs To Attend
This course is for experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX LVM experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of a Power HA 6.1 cluster on an IBM power systems server running AIX 5L V5.3 or later.