Conflict, put quite simply, is a disagreement between two or more parties
that creates a feeling of discomfort resulting in a change in behaviour by at
least one of the parties. Sometimes the change is quite visible, as in the case
where arguments break out; other times it is quite subtle and involves changes
in tone of voice and/or body language.
Conflict in the workplace is a distraction at best and a disruption at worst.
Managers must be aware of conflict among their team members and be prepared to
provide the tools to help the team resolve it. And, when team members can't
resolve conflict, managers must be prepared to step in.
This one-day conflict management workshop helps build effective conflict
resolution skills in people who manage or influence others.
Benefits for the Individual
- Understand what conflict is and where it comes from
- Learn and apply the tools to manage or resolve conflict in the workplace
- Learn how to turn conflict into an opportunity for the team
- Understand your conflict management style
- Demonstrate ways to modify your style to suit the circumstance
- Deal more effectively with difficult people
Benefits for the Organization
- Increased collaboration and teamwork as conflicts are managed early and
- A faster return-to-productivity once conflicts are managed or resolved
- Improved coaching skills for managers of people
- Fewer issues that result in conflict