Providing effective feedback is one of the critical skills that a leader must consistently demonstrate to engage others towards achieving a common a goal. Feedback provides team members with information about what they are doing well and how to do it even better. It provides the momentum that people need to keep working toward achieving their goals and to contribute to the organization's goals.
While it's important for effective leaders to give feedback, it's also important for a leader to seek out feedback and be open to receiving it when it comes.
In this course, you will learn how to determine the best approach to providing feedback to team members based on their experience with the work. You will learn to receive openly and to provide feedback in a structured way to ensure it has the desired impact. Whether providing or receiving feedback, you will learn to demonstrate the five key leadership characteristics of positivity, authenticity, accountability, curiosity, and trust.
Benefits for the Individual
- Enhanced ability to provide feedback to gain momentum by:
- Articulating the challenges leaders face when providing constructive or positive feedback
- Identifying the challenges of giving and receiving feedback
- Creating the conditions that promote trust and respect when providing feedback
- Providing positive and constructive feedback using an effective framework
- Encourage reflection through guided self-discovery
Benefits for the Organization
- Increased likelihood of achieving organization's strategic goals
- Enhanced employee motivation and engagement
- Improved cultural climate promoting trust and respect
- Improved capacity to align behaviours to desired outcomes