Communicate.Communicate.Communicate - Leading with Impact
Effective communication is critical to a leader's individual success and the organization's ability to accomplish its goals.
The activities leaders do all day involve communication. Good communication is a vital element of success, and yet, in most organizations it is identified as the skill requiring the most improvement. What is said and how it is said is only the beginning of effective communication. When done well, leader communication can positively impact the working environment, engage team members, and build trust. Or it can do the opposite.
This course helps ensure leaders know and understand this most important of leadership competencies. Through good communication, leaders bring clarity to team vision and values, work collaboratively with peers, delegate deliberately, provide constructive feedback, and coach for performance.
Benefits for the Individual
Enhanced ability to communicate in the workplace by:
- Applying effective questioning techniques using open, closed, clarifying, and confirming question types
- Identifying and applying important listening habits
- Leveraging your Personal Needs to ensure you are getting what you need out of any communication
- Identifying others' Personal Needs to ensure the communication appeals to what's important to them
- Identifying and addressing the facts, episodes, and feelings that surround a topic you need to communicate
- Practicing with common communication blunders
Benefits for the Organization
- Increased likelihood of achieving organization's strategic goals
- Enhanced employee engagement
- Improved culture of transparency