Location: Ottawa or Toronto, ON
Sales Manager – Ottawa or Toronto
We are seeking an experienced Sales Manager to provide effective leadership and day to day management of the inside sales account managers who are selling our products and services to Government and Large Enterprise clients. The successful candidate will have a successful sales and inside sales management background. You will apply your sales methodology knowledge and sales management best practices to coach, mentor, and motivate a team of experienced account managers to achieve their goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply a structured and disciplined approach to tracking and reporting sales activities and results in CRM
- Review weekly performance against targets/quotas
- Provide weekly feedback, support and direction to sales team
- Engage in active and ongoing performance management of sales team (monthly, quarterly, mid-year and annually)
- Help team identify and engage appropriate resources and processes (i.e. RFP’s, product line specific needs)
- Work with direct reports to execute account strategies
- Assist team with prospecting calls and meetings and the steps to be successful by: preparing, opening, questioning, drilling down, positioning, checking and closing sales
- Provide accurately weekly forecasting to Sales Directors
- Engage directly with the segment Account Executive in the development of account strategies
- University Degree and/or College diploma
- Minimum 10 years of inside sales management experience
- Experience managing government and enterprise inside sales team members
- Knowledge of sales methodology, forecasting and sales management best practices
- Well-developed sense of ‘business acumen’ – key business drivers, business processes, strategic objectives, results measurement, etc.
- Experience selling I.T. and/or training services is preferred
- Successful sales and sales management background including closing business and achieving sales targets that can be verified / validated
- Proven ability to effectively lead and motivate a team of sales professionals and successfully managing remote team members
- Able to manage sales activities and follow disciplined sales practices
- Successfully coach and mentor team members on account development and conversion, closing, overcoming objections
- Knowledge of customer intimate business strategies, and consultative, solution selling processes
- High level of energy, self-motivated and goal oriented
- Professional business writing skills (reports, letters, emails, proposals)
- Professional and effective public speaking and presentation skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills, and experience with CRM tools
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Ability to travel frequently to Ottawa, Toronto, and Cary, NC.
Global Knowledge is an industry leader committed to providing rewarding and challenging careers for Associates who share our passion for delivering programs and learning solutions of the highest quality.
If Global Knowledge and this career opportunity sound like the perfect fit for you, apply today by forwarding a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the competition number (Competition # P1-SM-OTT-16) in the Subject field of your email.
At Global Knowledge, we are committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. Applicants from the designated groups are encouraged to self-identify in the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.