Account Executive – Toronto, ON
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT, business and leadership skills advancement. With locations across Canada we provide customers with their choice of convenient class times, delivery methods and formats to accelerate their success.
The Enterprise Account Executive, is a business development role, that will sell all lines of business of the Company’s products and services to an assigned territory by maintaining and growing / developing an existing customer base and securing new business from these clients and net new business, working with senior level decision makers. As a successful Account Executive, you will be expected to meet or exceed sales targets through an organized and focused sales effort.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales Activity and Strategic Account Planning:
- Develop and set account strategies and execution plans. Documenting them in formal account plans and ensuring successful execution of same.
- Meet account growth objectives by selling all lines of business, across all channels, to senior level decision makers
- Report on account plan progress, including managing pipeline to provide accurate forecasts
- Establish Global Knowledge as strategic learning partner with key decision makers
- Influence RFPs and long term contracts
- Respond to RFPs, submit strategic proposals, and secure committed spend (MSAs, Prepays, Projects, etc.)
- Position the value of Global Knowledge and negotiate favourable financial terms, engaging management as necessary, to support corporate profit objectives
- Conduct formal business reviews, at minimum quarterly internally, at minimum twice per year with customers
- Collaborate consistently and openly with SMEs, Senior Leaders, and all GK sales channels
- Engage proactively with the professional community (PMI, IIBA, HRIA, user groups, industry events, etc., through live and social channels)
- Build collaborative relationships with partners (e.g., with sales teams at Cisco, IBM, Microsoft)
- Leverage Marketing Department and marketing materials, activities and promotions available to market products and services to account base to drive business opportunities
- Engage in professional and consultative sales activities (specifically Challenger Selling and Solution Selling) on client’s buying patterns and behaviours – preparation, opening, questioning, drilling down, positioning, checking and closing sales
- Align communication style to client’s personal needs
- Participate in strategic projects as required, such as technology rollouts, learning services, e-learning development, custom course design/delivery, leadership development initiatives
- Follow up with clients after private onsite solutions are delivered
- Participate in monthly team meetings, conference calls, performance review sessions, monthly Strategic Account Planning and execution sessions.
- Capture pertinent account information, opportunities, contacts, activities in CRM (SFDC)
- Develop and monitor pipeline/sales funnel – work toward a 90 day sales funnel at least 3x quota
- Develop and maintain a dependable 12 month forecast
- Ensure and maintain accurate weekly forecasting based on activity levels, knowledge of opportunities and closure probability
- Opportunity reporting– enter all opportunities in CRM, include all relevant information and date each opportunity in real time as it progresses along the sales cycle to allow for accurate forecasting.
- Submit all reports in a timely manner (ex. expense reports within 60 days)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In addition to whether a person has the knowledge and experience required to be successful in the job, one must have specific behaviors to perform the job successfully. The competencies listed below are representative of the behaviors required.
- Building Customer Loyalty - Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Negotiation - Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Energy - Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Impact - Creating a good first impression; commanding attention and respect; showing an air of confidence.
- Initiative - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive
- Tenacity - Staying with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is obtained or is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Work - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application
Education, Desired Skills and Experience:
- University Degree and/or College diploma or equivalent
- Ability to research and confidently talk about corporate education trends in the market that would be of interest to enterprise account decision makers
- Successful sales background including closing business and achieving sales targets that can be verified / validated
- Minimum 7 years direct B2B sales experience selling to enterprise accounts
- Ability to prioritize and focus on high yield sales results
- Knowledge of customer intimate business strategies, and consultative, solution selling processes
- Hunter mentality with excellent account development skills
- High level of energy, self-motivated and goal oriented
- Handling objections
- Professional business writing skills (reports, letters, emails, proposals)
- Professional and effective public speaking and presentation skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills, and experience with CRM tools
- Valid driver’s license
Global Knowledge is an industry leader committed to providing rewarding and challenging careers for Associates who share our passion for delivering programs and learning solutions of the highest quality.
If Global Knowledge and this career opportunity sound like the perfect fit for you, apply today by forwarding a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the competition number (Competition # P1-AE-TOR-17) in the Subject field of your email.
At Global Knowledge, we are committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. Applicants from the designated groups are encouraged to self-identify in the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.