Account Executive – Ottawa, ON
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. With locations across Canada we deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling our customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.
The Account Executive will sell training products and learning services within an assigned territory. The primary focus of the Account Executive is outside sales, where coverage and penetration of accounts is required at a strategic level.
As Account Executive, you will maintain and develop an existing customer base and work proactively to secure new clients. You will be expected to professionally represent Global Knowledge in presentations and briefings, conduct demonstrations and prepare proposals. You must be able to effectively position Global Knowledge and present a strong value proposition to clients. As a successful Account Executive, you will build on your entrepreneurial spirit and will be expected to regularly meet or exceed sales targets.
- Selling core business, strategic consulting offerings and business skills solutions
- Prioritizing activities and territory management to ensure optimum penetration and profitability, including developing Strategic Account Plans
- Negotiating with clients and partners
- Developing and maintaining client relationships at senior management levels
- Preparing written proposals; delivering oral presentations to customers and other stakeholders
- Setting and executing account strategy
- Providing business direction to sales support and inside sales
- Providing accurate and timely reports including forecasts and activities
- Diligently using, maintaining and updating customer information using CRM
- Knowledge of corporate education and training market or technology solution business
- Demonstrated ability to close professional services solutions
- Knowledge of current corporate education trends within government
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Demonstrated successful track record in sales
- Superior English oral and written communication skills
- High level of energy and self-motivation
- Minimum 10 years of experience selling to the Federal Government in an outbound sales role
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- Proficiency in software skills such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM tools
Global Knowledge is an industry leader committed to providing rewarding and challenging careers for Associates who share our passion for delivering programs and learning solutions of the highest quality.
If Global Knowledge and this career opportunity sound like the perfect fit for you, apply today by forwarding a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and your resume to: email@example.com Please reference the competition number (Competition # P1-AE-OTT-17) in the Subject field of your email.
At Global Knowledge, we are committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. Applicants from the designated groups are encouraged to self-identify in the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.