There’s a lot of pressure on IT decision-makers to fill the cybersecurity holes in their organization. The skills shortage is palpable and growing. There just aren’t enough experts in the field. Those of you expecting to hire your way out of this deficit, we have some bad news for you—it’s not viable.
The more sustainable option is to train current employees with the needed cybersecurity skills. As a result, cybersecurity training needs to have a powerful and instant impact. IT professionals must be able to apply their newly-learned skills on the job immediately.
We recently surveyed students who completed a Global Knowledge cybersecurity course to ask them how training has had a direct impact on their work.
Cybersecurity training that can be applied immediately
The scary thing about cyber attacks is that they can come at any time without warning. One of our students, Kyle J., completed a Global Knowledge cybersecurity training and his organization was hacked three weeks later. Suffice it to say, Kyle was prepared for the attack … and got a raise! (Way to go, Kyle!)
And he isn’t alone—96% of surveyed students said they have used or will use the skills learned in their job, including 94% who said they used their new skills within four weeks.
Here are specific ways in which our students have been hands-on with their newly-added skills:
• Apply security practices daily. (Chas H.)
• I have been able to update the curriculum that [I] teach. (Kevin B.)
• Applying security policies and best practice to new app development and review of current practices. (Russ H.)
• I am in the process of designing the firewall configuration with a vendor. I can interpret the design they chose to use. (Andrew B.)
Positively impact your team’s performance
According to our cybersecurity students, 95% said training enabled them to positively impact the performance of their team and organization. Not only are they applying their new skills quickly, but the effects are being felt by colleagues and management.
The survey revealed the following benefits witnessed first-hand by cybersecurity students:
• Increase in productivity
• Decrease in errors
• Increase in employee engagement
• Cost savings
• Increase in customer satisfaction
• Increase in employee retention
Many students also said they would recommend Global Knowledge training to a team member. The knowledge of our trainers and their real-world experience were major factors.
• The instructor was knowledgeable and had the drive to impart his learning to me. (Andrew B.)
• The quality of the trainer and the materials that were given with the training were superb. (Robert V.)
• I loved the hands on material. The instructor was also extremely knowledgeable and was able to supplement the provided course materials with excellent up-to-date resources. (Peter Y.)
Be prepared with cybersecurity knowledge and hands-on skills
Cybersecurity skills are in high demand. We understand that and believe our training is the best option to close your skills gaps. Don’t count on hiring to be your “magic bullet.” Training current personnel may be your only feasible choice.
Just listen to our students—Global Knowledge’s cybersecurity training equips IT professionals with practical, hands-on knowledge that translates directly into the workplace. There’s no time to waste. The next cyber attack could be right around the corner. Make sure your organization has the proper skills to handle it.
Never miss another article. Sign up for our newsletter.
In this article
- Hacking & Cybercrime
- cyber attack
- cybersecurity awareness month
- andrew b
- certification prep
- certification prep course
- completed a global
- completed a global knowledge
- completed a global knowledge cybersecurity
- cybersecurity skills
- cybersecurity students
- cybersecurity training
- global knowledge
- global knowledge cybersecurity
- increase in employee
- knowledge cybersecurity
- prep course
- surveyed students