Today I realized that the end of the year is quickly approaching. This fact hit me during my lunch break when I heard holiday music playing in the cafe. Where did the year go? How did these months fly by so quickly? I blinked and now it is winter again. I’m wearing my heavy coat, long boots and darker colors.
As this realization settled in, I thought of my goals. My plans. The things that I dearly want to accomplish. The goals that I most want to achieve are personal: self-improvements and career improvements. Can you relate? Did anyone else blink and the year fly by?
If any of your goals are centered on skill building, learning something new or improving your position, then you are probably considering taking a class. While there are many ways to learn, when time is a precious commodity and budgets are tight, a virtual class can be a vehicle for learning that easily integrates into your busy life.
I must confess, I’m addicted to lists on the Internet – BuzzFeed and The Huffington Post are my caffeine. The Smithsonian researched why we love lists so much, which confirms I’m not the only one obsessed. As the Global Knowledge Virtual Classroom Product Manager, I’m making my own.
The Top 5 Reasons Virtual Classes Are Right for You:
- You don’t have to face an airport. Or traffic. Or parking. Or baggage fees. That’s it – no travel! You can take your class from anywhere you choose that has an Internet connection.
- Choices, choices, choices. The majority of course schedules have a virtual classroom format available. At Global Knowledge we’ve expanded our schedule tremendously this past year to include Virtual Classroom Live and Virtual Classroom Fit classes at a variety of start times.
- A feature-rich interactive learning environment. Virtual classes offer the latest features for working with your instructor and fellow classmates: streaming video, markup tools, application sharing, breakout groups, chat and more.
- Hands-on labs and exercises. The very same labs and exercises you complete in a physical classroom are conducted through a virtual classroom. You can apply your learning through labs, exercises and group discussions.
- Extend your class experience through class recordings. Virtual classroom recordings are the perfect study resource for certification preparation or if you simply want to revisit a point made in class. In our recordings, you can review class discussions, lectures and explanations from your actual class.
The months will continue to fly by, but it’s never too late to invest in yourself. Consider how easily virtual classroom courses can fit into your life. See our course catalog for the latest schedule.