The SonicWALL Visualization Dashboard gives you an interface to monitor your network in real time, providing flow charts of data, customizable rules, and flexible settings. With the Visualization Dashboard, you can view and sort real-time network and bandwidth data. This allows you to identify applications and web sites with high bandwidth demands, view application usage on a per-user basis, and anticipate attacks and threats encountered by the network.
Here we will cover two new features available, the App Flow Monitor and Real-Time Monitor. Each feature provides you with updated streaming qualities. The Dashboard will appear as the first item on top of the SonicOS left-side menu. When you expand the Dashboard you will see these items:
- Real Time Monitor: With Real Time Monitor you will be able to launch and visually see what web site employees are accessing and what applications and services are utilizing the bandwidth both on Ingress (incoming) and Egress (Outgoing). You will also be able to view multi-vore utilization and memory usage.
This monitor requires having a minimum of a TZ210 (or higher model), as well as the Application Visualization license. You will need to enable AppFlow to Local Collector and Real Time Data Collection (which you find under LOG > Flow Reporting > Settings), and it will require a restart of the appliance.
- AppFlow Monitor: This very impressive monitor gives you the ability to monitor various aspects of traffic, including:
- Applications: Displays a list of applications currently accessing the network.
- Users: Displays a list of users currently accessing the network.
- URLs: Displays URLs currently being accessed by users (Note: this feature requires content filtering settings to identify the URLs users are going to)
- Initiators: Displays details about current connection initiators.
- Responders: Displays details about current connection responders.
- Threats: Displays a list of threats encountered by the network.
- VOIP: Displays VOIP and media traffic.
- VPN: Displays current VPN connections.
- Devices: Displays a list of devices connected to the network.
- Contents: Displays what type of traffic is currently flowing through the network.