System I System Administration and Control (OL190)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Learn how to plan for, implement, and manage the ongoing operations of the system. Emphasis is on security, system availability, backup and recovery, system software management, and problem determination. Also, get an introduction to the architecture and terminology of the System i.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the components of System i security, such as user profile, group profile, authorization list, and adopted authority and how they participate in security
- Develop a security plan for your System i installation
- Describe the facilities available to audit security on an System i
- Develop a plan to audit security on your System i
- Describe the System i availability products and features and choose the ones appropriate for your System i installation
- Describe how to backup and recover user and system information on the System i
- Develop a backup and recovery plan for your installation
- Describe System i problem determination procedures
- Describe how to manage Program Temporary Fixes (PTF) on the System i
Who Needs to Attend
This is a basic course for data processing managers and other individuals who implement and manage security, system backup and recovery, system software, and problem determination. This course is not recommended for system operators.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Class administration and introductions
- System i overview and basic concepts
- Management central overview
- Security concepts and planning
- System i availability overview
- Backup and recovery strategy using Save/Restore
- Journal management
- Commitment control overview
- Disk management
- Backup and recovery planning
- Problem determination