Red Hat® Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication (RH423)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
RH423 Red Hat Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication is an intensive course that provides four days of instruction and labs on cross-platform integration of directory services to provide authentication or information service across the enterprise.
Who Needs to Attend
RH423 is aimed at senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators and other IT professionals who need to provide enterprise-wide authentication or information services or who desire training in the management of LDAP-based directory services and customization of Linux authentication.
RH423 requires RHCE-level skills. The RHCE certificate on Red Hat Linux 7.1 or later is recommended but not required. Prerequisite skills can be shown by passing the RHCE Exam in either RH302 or RH300, or by taking RH253 or by possessing comparable skills and knowledge.
Note: Persons should not enroll in RH423 without meeting the above prerequisites. All prospective course participants who do not possess RHCE certification are strongly advised to contact Red Hat Global Learning Services for a skills assessment when they enroll.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Basic LDAP concepts
- The directory information tree
- Schemas, object classes, entries, and attributes
2. How to configure and manage an OpenLDAP server
- Configuration of slapd
- Managing your directory content
3. Using LDAP as a "white pages" directory service
4. Using LDAP for user authentication and management
- PAM and NSS
- Kerberos and SASL
- Working with Samba and Microsoft Active Directory
- Migrating from NIS
5. Integrating multiple LDAP servers
- Replication, referrals, and DIT partitoning
- Cross-platform integration issues