Essential Microsoft Business Intelligence with SQL Server 2012
This course provides hands-on training for business intelligence (BI) professionals. Discover how to implement all of the core products in the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack to create the most powerful BI tool currently available to solve the most complex business challengesd. Explore everything from SharePoint 2010 to PowerPivot to SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Different components of the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack
- Improve performance using SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS) to load the data mart
- Create aggregations, hierarchies, and dimensions in SSAS
- Test new features of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) like the Tablix control, Report Builder 3.0, and SharePoint Integration
- Write solid MDX queries against your SSAS cubes
- Create impressive KPI collections and scorecards in PerformancePoint Services 2010
- Advanced features in Microsoft Excel to reach a single version of the truth
- Use with Excel PowerPivot
- Different data mining algorithms available in the stack for expert reporting and data discovery
Who Needs to Attend
This course is intended for individuals who want to learn:
- The important components of the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack
- How to load and process SQL Server Analysis Server cubes
- How to create reporting solutions that will rapidly and accurately retrieve the correct data
Basic SQL development skills and working knowledge of SQL, including:
- Experience with SQL Server and Visual Studio
- Familiarity with database objects: tables, stored procedures, views, and triggers
- Experience writing T-SQL statements: SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, and UPDATE
Note: Attending the Essential Transact-SQL using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 prior to taking the course is recommended by not required.
There are no follow-ons for this course.