Essential Windows Presentation Foundation - WPF
In this course, you will gain hands-on experience with the latest in Microsoft Windows desktop UI technologies. Get familiar with the dynamic and creative application development that WPF enables and learn how to best utilize WPF for both new projects as well as porting existing Windows Forms, MFC, or traditional Win32 application over to this new platform.
You'll get answers to these questions:
- What are the main building blocks of a WPF application and how do I use them?
- What is MVVM and how do I use it?
- How can I cleanly separate my behavior, UI design and resources using XAML and data binding?
- How do I create and use vector-based 2D graphic resources?
- What are the new features in WPF 4.5?
- How can I use subtle effects and animations to liven up my applications?
- When do I use a UserControl vs. a Custom Control?
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Use Visual Studio and Expression Blend together to build your user interface
- Integrate your visual designers with your developers to maximize their skills
- Design your architecture to take advantage of data binding
- Integrate other .NET technologies such as LINQ and XLINQ with WPF
- Customize the appearance of controls with styles and themes
- Current UI design patterns and how to apply them in your development
- Leverage existing components and code you already have with WPF
Who Needs to Attend
Developers interested in utilizing WPF for GUI development who have at least six months experience with C# and Visual Studio (2003, 2005, 2008, or 2010)
- Familiarity with traditional object-oriented development concepts
- Some exposure to a "curly-brace" language like C++ or Java
- Background in Windows UI development is recommended
There are no follow-ons for this course.