Coaching from a Distance: Developing Your Team When You Can't Be Face to Face
Successful coaching is challenging and rewarding, but coaching remotely or in a virtual environment demands an all new set of rules.
The countless ways in which professionals now communicate means business can be conducted almost anywhere. This has introduced the element of distance (both real and virtual) between coach and subject. Coaching skills that once worked so effectively face-to-face won't get the job done today. For a remote or virtual environment, coaches must develop an entirely new battery of skills, from innovative ways of listening to new measures of coaching success.
This course covers it all in four dynamic sessions, with a sharp focus on skill-building and modeling techniques that will enable you to move your team to the next level of professional development regardless of distance.
What You'll Learn
- Diagnose the specific kind of coaching that the situation requires
- Provide coaching directed toward development, career planning, and performance management
- Develop critical listening skills
- Make the right connections to foster cohesion and teamwork
- Execute your strategy with the appropriate set of tools and techniques
- Compensate for lack of face time and visual cues
Who Needs to Attend
Managers, team leaders, senior managers, and project managers of global and geographically dispersed teams
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Virtual Coaching Skills for Increased Effectiveness
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses as a virtual coach
- Flexing your style to increase effectiveness
- Blending coaching tasks, emotional intelligence, and coaching skills
2. Building Employee Loyalty, Trust, and Connection Through Coaching
- Strengths to develop in others
- Paying attention to strengths and providing feedback
- Skills and behaviors needed for performance coaching
3. Preparation and Planning for Virtual Coaching
- Coachable moments
- Probing questioning
- Emotional intelligence behaviors that require coaching
4. Team Coaching
- Characteristics of effective virtual teams
- Building trust at each stage of virtual team development
- Applying team coaching principles to real situations/challenges