HTML5 Programming (M10953)
Discover how to develop HTML5 web applications using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
Continue developing your skills after class. This course includes 24/7 access to our live remote labs for six months, providing you with valuable extra time for hands-on practice.
Global Knowledge Exclusive!
Continue developing your skills after class with 24/7 access to our live remote labs for six months, providing you with valuable extra time for hands-on practice.
Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.
What You'll Learn
- Create a web application with HTML5 within Visual Studio 2010 SP1 IDE
- New semantic and structural elements that can be used to create HTML5 web pages
- Create web forms using the validation capabilities of the new input types and attributes in HTML5
- Create layouts and styles using advanced CSS and CSS3
- Integrate graphics and multimedia into web pages using Canvas, SVG, video, and audio elements
- Implement offline data scenarios using the new HTML5 Web Storage API
- Create simple web applications using WebMatrix or ASP.NET MVC
Who Needs to Attend
- Developers with at least 3-6 months experience
- One to three months experience with HTML and XML
- Familiarity of the HTML document structure and associated terminology along with Microsoft Visual Studio IDE
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. HTML5 Development
- New Features in HTML and HTML5
2. Creating Page Structure and Navigation
- HTML5 Structural Elements
- Navigation and Menus
3. Creating Form Input and Validation
- Input Types
- Using Form Attributes, Browser Detection, Feature Detection, and Modernizer
4. Laying Out and Styling Webpages
- Creating Layouts
- Advanced CSS by using CSS3
5. Graphics and Multimedia Elements
- Canvas Basics
- Video/Audio Formats and Codecs
6. Creating Advanced Graphics
- Drawing with AVG Animation
- SVG vs. Canvas
7. Using Client-Side Storage
- Web Storage vs. Cookies
- Web Storage API
- Using the Drag-and-Drop, File, and Geolocation APIs
9. Using WebMatrix and Other Developer Tools
- Using WebMatrix and ASP.NET MVC 3 to Create a Web Site