Symmetrix VMAXe Administration and Management
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
In this course, you will gain the information needed to configure a Symmetrix VMAXe, prepare it for host access, and deploy and manage local (EMC TimeFinder/Clone) and remote (EMC SRDF) replication. You will learn the different types of devices, their functions, creation, mapping, and masking. You will cover Symmetrix VMAXe features such as Virtual Provisioning, Autoprovisioning, Virtual LUN migration for thin devices, and Fully Automated Storage Tiering for Virtual Provisioning (FAST VP). Operational details and implementation considerations for EMC TimeFinder/Clone and SRDF are also covered.
The course will emphasize the use of Symmetrix Management Console (SMC). Management with the Symmetrix Command Line interface (SYMCLI) will also be covered. Hands-on lab exercises using Symmetrix Management Console (SMC) and Symmetrix Command Line Interface (SYMCLI) provide you with the opportunity to validate the material covered in the lectures. You will perform lab exercises on Windows and Solaris hosts SAN attached to Symmetrix VMAXe series arrays.
What You'll Learn
- Symmetrix configuration and device masking
- Create devices, set Symmetrix metrics and device attributes, and manage device pools
- Virtual provisioning concepts and manage virtual provisioning
- Map and mask devices using Autoprovisioning
- Migrate devices non-disruptively using Virtual LUN migration
- FAST VP theory of operations and recommended practices
- Configure and Manage FAST VP
- Perform TimeFinder/Clone operations
- Perform SRDF operations in Synchronous (SRDF/S) and Asynchronous (SRDF/A) modes
Who Needs to Attend
Anyone who will be managing Symmetrix VMAXe series arrays
- Experience with Windows and/or Solaris operating systems
- Ability to utilize host based GUI and/or command line interfaces to perform all hands-on labs
- Experience with Symmetrix architecture, concepts, and theory of operations
- Understanding of TimeFinder fundamentals
- Understanding of SRDF Fundamentals
There are no follow-ons for this course.