VNX Block Storage Performance Workshop
In this course, you will gain thorough exposure to performance on the VNX Block Storage Systems with Block OE Release 31.5 and Unisphere. You will focus on the use of Unisphere Analyzer, Unisphere, and Navisphere Secure CLI to gather performance statistics, and the analysis of those performance statistics. You will also cover how to gather performance statistics from common host platforms and the use of those statistics in performance analysis. You will learn the performance implications of using VNX Block Replication Software (SnapView, MirrorView, and SAN Copy). You will learn to analyze pre-captured data through in-depth discussions and lab exercises using performance tools. This course currently supports VNX Block OE R31.5.
Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.
What You'll Learn
- Use VNX Block performance measuring tools
- Analyze VNX Block performance issues
- Configure a VNX Block system for good performance
- Determine the impact of using VNX Block Replication Software
Who Needs to Attend
Anyone who presently manages or plans to manage VNX Block performance, architect, and position customer solutions with VNX Block Storage Systems
- Knowledge and skills
- VNX Block models, components, management options, and features
- Data integrity and availability features found in a VNX Block storage system
- VNX Block performance, storage configuration, and provisioning concepts
- SAN terminology, features, architecture, theory of operations, and management for Fibre Channel and iSCSI SANs
- SnapView, MirrorView, and SAN Copy operation, terminology, and performance
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Performance and the VNX Block Storage System
- VNX Block Architecture and Operation
2. Performance Tools
- Unisphere and Navisphere Secure CLI
- Unisphere Analyzer
- Performance Analysis with Unisphere Analyzer
- Host-Based Performance Monitoring Tools
3. Factors Affecting VNX Block Performance
- Environment-Related Factors
- VNX Block-Related Factors
4. VNX Block Replication Software
- VNX Block Local Replication Software
- VNX Block Remote Replication Software