Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution (CVE-401)
Learn to integrate a Citrix virtualization solution into a Windows Server 2008 environment.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
This course provides you with the foundation necessary to effectively plan and perform the tasks needed to successfully incorporate a complete Citrix virtualization solution into a Windows Server 2008 environment.
You will learn to integrate key Citrix virtualization technologies, including XenServer, XenApp, Provisioning Services, and XenDesktop, to create an end-to-end virtualization solution. In hands-on exercises, you will learn best practices for securing the environment, monitoring the different components in the environment, backing up critical systems, and updating and patching applications and virtualized servers.
This course prepares you for the 1Y1-A25 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution exam, a requirement for the CCEE for Virtualization.
Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.
What You'll Learn
- Prepare the storage Network Interface Cards (NIC), resource pools, and networking configurations for a XenServer host
- Configure Provisioning Services for the environment
- Migrate an existing XenApp farm and provision new XenApp servers
- Manage user personalization settings with Citrix Profile Management
- Create a master virtual desktop for XenDesktop
- Configure Access Gateway VPX
- Increase password security using Single Sign-On
- Monitor the virtualized environment with Citrix EdgeSight
- Reduce power consumption with Power and Capacity Management
Who Needs to Attend
- Server, network, and system engineers
- System integrators, system administrators, and application engineers
Experience using the following Citrix products:
- Citrix XenServer 5.6 or higher
- Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6 or higher
- Citrix XenApp 6.0 or higher
- Citrix XenDesktop 5.0 or higher
Experience using Windows Server 2008, including:
- Active Directory
- Terminal Services
- Performance Monitoring
- Base OS (server roles)
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server
- Completion or equivalent knowledge of:
- Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration (CXS-203)
- Citrix XenApp 6.5 Basic Administration (CXA-206)
- Citrix XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration (CXA-301)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. XenServer Integration
- ISO Storage
- Pre-Installation Considerations
- Optimizing XenServer
2. Provisioning Services Integration
- Network Support of Streaming
- vDisk Types
- High Availability
- Write-Cache Location
3. XenApp Integration
- Provisioning Services with XenApp
- XenApp Configurations
- Profile Management
- XenApp Security
- XenApp Farm Migration
4. XenDesktop Integration
- Virtual Desktop Components
- Capacity Planning
- Application Delivery Methods in a Virtual Desktop
- XenDesktop Security
5. Virtual Environment Monitoring
- Monitoring Best Practices
6. Virtual Environment Maintenance
- XenApp, XenDesktop, and Virtual Machine Backup
- Protecting Critical Systems
- Single Sign-On
- Workflow Studio
- Power and Capacity Management