Accelerated HP Core/Distribution Layer Network Technologies (HL045)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
In this course, you will learn the techniques for designing and implementing resilient switched and routed converged networks based on the HP A and E-Series switches. These networks will be capable of fulfilling the "triple play" requirement of supporting voice, video, and data transmissions on a unified infrastructure. This accelerated course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to configure HP A and E-Series switches supporting network redundancy at Layer 2 and Layer 3, networks supporting IPv4 and IPv6 as well as OSPFv2 and OSPFv3, and IP multicast routing supported network systems. You will also cover Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF).
Device access security can be accomplished with various techniques. This course will cover topics like, Traffic Mirroring, ACLs, MAC address protection, Spanning Tree Protection, DHCP Protection, and ARP Protection. These features and others will help to protect a network from both intentional and unintentional threats. You will explore those features that help to protect the network itself. Many network protocols are designed to be two interoperable and do not have built in security. These network protection features of both the A-Series and E-Series devices help to protect those insecure protocols
What You'll Learn
- Deploy and configure the HP A and E-Series switches
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot routed and bridged networks using industry standard protocols, focusing on OSPF, VRRP, and MSTP
- Design and implement "triple play" networks using HP prioritization and QoS features
- Design and implement IGMP, PIM Dense, and PIM Sparse
- Design and implement IPv6 and OSPFv3
- Design and implement IRF
- Design and implement secure infrastructure networks focusing on STP, DHCP, and ARP protection, traffic mirroring, access control lists (ACLs), and Virus Throttling
Who Needs to Attend
Professionals, who design, implement, and support enterprise level network solutions based on HP A-Series switches and technologies, including systems engineers, systems designers, customer IT staff, HP services field and call center support engineers.
To attend this course it is recommended that you have one of the following certifications:
- HP ProCurve ASE Campus LANs 
- HP ProCurve ASE (2006 or later)
- CCNP Routing and Switching
There are no follow-ons for this course.