DCNX1K - Implementing the Cisco Nexus 1000V v1.1
Learn to install, configure, and manage the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
In this course, you will learn how to implement and troubleshoot the Nexus 1000V switch for VMware, covering the key components and procedures needed to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot.
Through hands-on labs, you will explore the design options and features of Cisco NX-OS Software and the Cisco Nexus 1000V platform, gaining an understanding of realistic day-to-day operations of these products. You will leave this course with a complete, comprehensive approach to the design and implementation of today's data center.
This course is delivered via WebEx. Headsets are recommended but not required. Course hours are generally 10am-6pm ET.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Position the VMware networking solution
- Position the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch in the VMware infrastructure
- Install the Virtual Supervisor and Virtual Ethernet Modules
- Establish an SVS connection to the vCenter Server
- Configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- Key features used in data center virtual infrastructure design
- Management features to implement on the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- Configure and troubleshoot key features
- Tools to be used when troubleshooting Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch issues
Who Needs to Attend
- Systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- Network, systems, consulting systems engineers, and server administrators
- CCNA certification or equivalent knowledge
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. VMware Networking
- Virtual Infrastructure Review
- Networking in the VMware Infrastructure
- VMware Switching Configuration
2. Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Installation
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Product
- Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and Virtual Service Blades
3. Cisco Nexus 1000V Feature Configuration
- Port Profiles Configuration
- Security Feature Configuration
- Quality of Service Configuration
4. Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch Management
- Management Features Configuration
- System Management Features Configuration
5. Troubleshooting the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- Basic Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshooting Modules
- Troubleshooting Ports and Port Profiles
Lab 1: Exploring VMware Network Configuration
Lab 2: Exploring Cisco Switches
Lab 3: Installing Nexus 1000V on VMware Systems
Lab 4: Configuring Nexus 1000V
Lab 5: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Nexus 1000V Systems
Lab 6: Advanced Topics: vMotion, Port Channels, etc.