DCUFD - Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric v3.0
Learn how to design a data center unified network.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
In this course, you will learn how to design a data center unified network by utilizing Cisco's high-end switching portfolio, architectural components of Cisco Nexus and Cisco Catalyst switching lines, and Cisco IOS and NX-OS software architecture. You will also gain experience in management from a network design perspective.
You will discover how to design a data center network architecture as an Ethernet-only data center or as a data center using unified fabric. You'll also review the features of these data center class platforms ranging from continuous operation, resiliency, and virtualization to power efficiency and management.
This course is delivered via WebEx. Headsets are recommended but not required. Course hours are generally 10am-6pm ET.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Data center network architecture design basics, challenges, and environmental requirements
- Cisco data center network equipment
- Virtualization principles used in data center networks
- Server virtualization concepts
- Data center services and security
- Data center standards, trends, and sizing guidelines
Who Needs to Attend
- Network designers and architects, data center network administrators, and system engineers
- Data center network managers and network engineers
- Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN)
- CCDA certification
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Data Center Design Fundamentals
- Cisco Data Center Business Advantage
- Designing Data Center Solutions
2. Data Center Network Infrastructure
- Cisco Catalyst Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus Series Switches
- Cisco Data Center Security Products
- Cisco Data Center Application Services Products
- Cisco SAN Products
- Cisco Computing, Desktop, and Solution Products
- Cisco Data Center Network Management
3. Data Center Network Virtualization Principles
- Device Virtualization
- Network Virtualization
- Fabric Virtualization
- Data Center Standards and Trends
4. Design Data Center Topologies
- Designing Data Center Interconnects
5. Design Data Center Services and Security
- Designing Data Center IP Services
- Designing Data Center Application Services
- Designing Data Center Security
6. Data Center Standards
- Data Center Sizing
Demo 1: Discover Network Infrastructure Topology
Lab 1: Explore Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch VDC
Lab 2: Explore Fabric Virtualization
Demo 2: Design Data Center Topology with vPC and FEX
Lab 3: Design DCI with OTV
Lab 4: Designing Layer 3 High Availability