After mastering the basics of PHP, gain an advanced understanding of the resources of the PHP language.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
In this course, you will learn to exploit the resources of the PHP 5 language to support object-oriented programming. You will gain an understanding of what design patterns are and why you might want to use them. You will also review the tools and techniques that contribute to best practices when developing programs using PHP.
What You'll Learn
- Object-oriented programming and the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Generate and put objects to work
- Advanced features such as event-driven programming
- Design patterns
- Structure classes to allow flexible objects
- Design and develop a robust reporting platform
- Best practices and why they are important
Who Needs to Attend
Programmers who have a basic understanding of PHP and want to learn object-oriented programming in the context of the PHP programming language
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Object-Oriented Software Development
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Putting Objects to Work
- Design Patterns
2. Creating a Reusable Object Toolkit I: Simple Classes and Interfaces
- Collection Class
- Collection Iterator Class
- Generic Object Class
- Database Abstraction Layers
- Factory Interface
- Event-Driven Programming
- Logging and Debugging
3. Creating a Reusable Object Toolkit II: Complex (Though Not Complicated) Utilities
- Model, View, Controller (MVC)
- Communicating with Users
- Sessions and Authentication
- Unit Testing Framework
- Finite State Machine and Custom Configuration Files
4. Test Case: Sales Force Automation
- Project Overview
- Project Management Methodologies
- Planning the System
- Systems Architecture
- Assembling the Sales Force Automation Toolkit
- Quality Assurance
- Designing and Developing a Robust Reporting Platform
- Where Do We Go From Here?
You will participate in daily labs and exercises.