Riverbed - Steelhead Appliance Deployment and Management
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
This lab-intensive, task-oriented course is delivered by Riverbed technical experts. You will gain the knowledge and skills needed to deploy and administer Riverbed Steelhead appliances in complex network environments.
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop to class.
What You'll Learn
- Features of the Steelhead appliances
- Navigate within the Management Console (GUI) and the Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Configure the Steelhead appliances in various network deployment scenarios
- Size the Steelhead appliances for a given network
- Perform network integration
- Perform basic troubleshooting and identify any potential problems that might occur when deploying the product
Who Needs to Attend
Riverbed resellers/partners and customers involved in the design, deployment, or administration/technical support of Steelhead appliances
- CCNP/CCIP certification or the equivalent internetworking knowledge of routing protocols, TCP/IP, network design, and troubleshooting is helpful
- You must bring your own laptop and, if you're using our hardware, a serial cable or a USB-to-serial adaptor for the class labs
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Course Overview
2. Riverbed Technology Overview
3. Riverbed Product Overview
4. Steelhead Connection Interception
5. Riverbed Deployment Options
6. Transaction Prediction
7. SDR-only Optimizations
8. System Management & Reporting
9. Top Deployment Problems & Troubleshooting
10. Riverbed Services Platform (RSP)
11. RiOS HighSpeed TCP (HS-TCP) Optimization
12. Data Replication & Performance Tuning
13. Deployment Planning
14. Agentless CIFS Prepopulation
15. Quality of Service (QoS)
16. Course Summary
17. Appendix: Proxy File Services (PFS)