Information Availability Design
Learn to plan, design, and deploy information availability solutions.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
In this comprehensive course, you'll cover all aspects of planning, designing, and deploying information availability solutions. In addition to covering business continuity options such as backup, local, and remote replication, you will learn about compliance requirements and designing data archiving solutions to meet those requirements.
Building on the technology concepts and principles learned in the prerequisite Information Storage and Management course, you will apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios. Lectures and workshop-style case studies provide thorough exposure to the technology components, design considerations, and best practices on various aspects of information availability.
EMC Data Center Architect (EMCDCA) Information Availability Specialist
What You'll Learn
- Requirements and business value justification of an information availability solution
- Components, considerations, and best practices for designing a backup, replication, and archive solution for a classic data center
- Design considerations for backup and replication in a virtualized environment
Who Needs to Attend
- Experienced IT professionals who are responsible for architecting information infrastructure solutions
- IT professionals who have foundational knowledge on storage technologies and want to build a career in the storage industry
- EMC Information Storage Associate (EMCISA) certification
- Good understanding of the computer architecture, operating systems, networking, and databases
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Analysis and Establishment of Information Availability
- Information availability and business value analysis
- Establishing information availability
- Case study on data classification and information availability metrics
2. Designing Backup/Recovery Solutions
- Backup technology
- Backup design considerations
- Backup in a virtualized environment
- Backup management tools
- Case study on designing and deploying backup and recovery solutions
3. Designing Replication Solutions
- Planning for replication
- Local replication solution design
- Remote replication solution design
- Advanced remote replication technologies
- Replication in NAS environment
- Replication of virtual machines
- Case studies on designing and deploying replication solutions
4. Designing Data Archiving Solutions
- Data archiving technologies and compliance
Case Studies and Concepts in Practices (EMC Product Examples)
The technologies and solutions described in the course are reinforced with EMC product examples and design best practices. Realistic case studies enable you to design the most appropriate solution for given sets of criteria.