Storage Networking Design
Explore processes and best practices for planning, architecting, and deploying storage networking solutions.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
In this course, you'll cover a range of storage networking technologies, processes, and best practices for planning, architecting, and deploying storage networking solutions-including within a virtualized environment.
Lectures and workshop-style case studies provide thorough exposure to storage networking requirement analysis, business value justification, and technology design considerations. Also, you'll get an overview of processes and practices for storage networking project implementation and testing.
EMC Data Center Architect (EMCDCA), Storage Networking Specialist certification
What You'll Learn
- Requirements and business value justification of a storage networking solution
- Technology components, considerations, and best practices for designing a storage networking solution with SAN, NAS, and IP-SAN technologies in a classic data center environment
- Design considerations for virtualized storage infrastructure
- Cloud computing technology
- Design considerations at host and storage system
- Implementation planning and test procedure for a storage networking project
Who Needs to Attend
- Experienced IT professionals who are responsible for architecting information infrastructure solutions
- IT professionals who have foundational knowledge on storage technologies and want to build their career in the storage industry.
- EMC Information Storage Associate (EMCISA) certification
- Good understanding of computer architecture, operating systems networking, and databases
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Analysis and Planning for Architecting Storage Networking Solution
- Requirement and Business Value Analysis
- Gathering Requirements by Classifying Applications
- Case Studies on Business Value Analysis
2. Storage Network Design Considerations
- Fibre Channel Storage Area Network
- Network Attached Storage
- Hybrid (iSCSI, FCIP, FCoE) Storage Networking Technologies
- Design for Storage Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Case Studies on Designing FC SAN and NAS Solutions
3. Host and Storage System Design Considerations and Best Practices
- Storage Design for Database (Oracle) and Email (MS Exchange 2010) Applications
- Case Studies on Designing Storage Solution for MS Exchange 2010 Environment
4. Implementation Planning and Test Procedure for a Storage Networking Project
- Analysis and Planning for Storage Networking Project Implementation
- Test Procedure for a Storage Networking Project
Case Studies and Concepts in Practice (EMC Product Examples)
The technologies and solutions described in the course are reinforced with EMC product examples and design best practices. Realistic case studies enable you to design the most appropriate solution for given sets of criteria.