Symmetrix VMAX Mainframe Business Continuity Management
Get hands-on experience using EMC’s Local Replication tools in a z/OS environment.
Get hands-on experience using EMC's Local Replication tools in a z/OS environment in this specialization-level course. You will gain thorough knowledge of TimeFinder/Mirror Base, TimeFinder/Mirror Mainframe Snap Facility, TimeFinder/Mirror Utility, and business continuity considerations/practical applications. In addition, this course provides you with a thorough exposure to EMC's Remote Replication solutions in a z/OS environment.
The course includes discussion and implementation labs regarding SRDF/S, SRDF/CG, SRDF/AR, and business continuity considerations/practical applications. You will view presentations and perform labs dealing with SRDF/A features such as Transmit Idle, Delta Set Extension, Write Pacing, and Automated Recovery, and you will learn about cascaded SRDF and moving RDF devices between SRDF groups. You will also learn about newer features dealing with SRDF/EDP (Extended Distance Protection), Composite Command actions, CEXMPT, and using R22 devices are also addressed.
What You'll Learn
- TimeFinder management operations, including TimeFinder/Mirror, TimeFinder Snap/Clone Facility, and TimeFinder Utility
- Important host considerations for successful implementations of local and replication solutions using TimeFinder and SRDF in z/OS environments
- SRDF configuration, management, and recovery operations for the SRDF/S and SRDF/A base products and the add-on products SRDF/CG and SRDF/AR
- Advanced SRDF/A features of Transmit Idle, Delta Set Extension, Write Pacing, and Automated Recovery
- Aarchitecture and operations of Cascaded SRDF as well as SRDF/EDP
Who Needs to Attend
Those who will:
- Manage and administer Symmetrix-based local and/or remote data replication using the TimeFinder and/or SRDF suite of products in z/OS environments
- Architect and position mainframe business continuity customer solutions using TimeFinder and/or SRDF applications
An understanding of:
- z/OS operating environment; ability to utilize TSO, SDSF, and ISPF while performing online hands-on labs
- Symmetrix architecture, concepts and theory of operations
- TimeFinder architecture, concepts, and theory of operations
- SRDF architecture, concepts, and theory of operations
- ResourcePak Base for z/OS
There are no follow-ons for this course.