Symmetrix Business Continuity Management
Learn to architect, deploy, and manage Symmetrix-based local and remote replication solutions for business continuity.
In this course, you will gain the knowledge required to deploy and manage Symmetrix-based local and remote replication solutions for your business continuity needs. Operational details and implementation considerations for EMC TimeFinder, SRDF, and Open Replicator are covered.
Hands-on lab exercises using Symmetrix Command Line Interface (SYMCLI) and Symmetrix Management Console (SMC) provide you with the opportunity to learn and validate the material covered in the lectures. Lab exercises are performed on Open Systems hosts (IBM/AIX, HP-UX, Sun Solaris with Veritas Volume Manager, and Windows 2003) SAN attached to Symmetrix VMAX series arrays.
Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.
What You'll Learn
- Perform TimeFinder/Clone and TimeFinder/Snap operations with SYMCLI and SMC
- Perform SRDF operations in Synchronous (SRDF/S) and Asynchronous (SRDF/A) modes using SYMCLI and SMC
- Perform SRDF/Automated Replication (SRDF/AR) operations in a single-hop configuration
- Perform Open Replicator for Symmetrix (ORS) data replication in hot/cold, push, and pull scenarios
Who Needs to Attend
Any individual involved in implementing and managing local and remote replication solutions for business continuity using TimeFinder, SRDF, and Open Replicator in an Open Systems environment.
- Experience with Windows and/or UNIX operating systems
- Ability to utilize host-based GUI and/or command line interfaces to perform all hands-on labs
- Knowledge of Symmetrix architecture, concepts, and theory of operations
- TimeFinder, SRDF, and Open Replicator for Symmetrix fundamentals
- Symmetrix configuration management experience
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Certification Programs and Certificate Tracks
This course is part of the following programs or tracks: