IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2 Implementation and Administration (TS611)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
In this course, storage administrators will learn the essential skills required for implementing, configuring and administering IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. Through hands-on exercises, you will learn how to install the Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2 server, backup-archive client, Tivoli Integrated Portal, and Administration Center. You will learn to configure the environment, create and configure storage pool hierarchies, and define policies to manage the flow of data from disk to disk or tape media.
Lab exercises will guide you through the steps to back up, restore, archive, and retrieve client data. You will create schedules to run administrative and client processes and maintain your Tivoli Storage Manager environment to ensure recoverability.
Exercises for this course are conducted on a Windows operating system.
What You'll Learn
- Features of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Install IBM Tivoli Storage Manager server and backup-archive client
- Navigate the administrative interfaces
- Concepts of attaching a tape library and preparing media
- Create and manage storage pools and storage pool volumes
- Data de-duplication
- Define policy to meet business requirements
- Customize the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager database and recovery log
- Configure the backup-archive client
- Back up, restore, archive, and retrieve client data
- Protect the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager database and storage pools
- Schedule administrative tasks
- Monitor server and client messages and events
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for system administrators and implementers who are responsible for implementing an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2 solution
Windows administration skills
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Overview (1 hour; no lab exercises)
2. Installing IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (2 hours; 11 lab exercises)
3. Administrative Interfaces and Privileges (3 hours; 20 lab exercises)
4. Storage Media Devices (1 hour; no lab exercises)
5. Managing Storage Pools and Storage Pool Volumes (3 hours; 15 lab exercises)
6. Policy Management (2 hours; 6 lab exercises)
7. Customizing the Tivoli Storage Manager Database and Recovery Log (2.5 hours; 4 lab exercises)
8. Client Configuration (3.5 hours; 18 lab exercises)
9. Backup-Archive Client Functions (3 hours; 24 lab exercises)
10. Protecting the Database and Storage Pools (3 hours; 14 lab exercises)
11. Automating Operations (2 hours; 13 lab exercises)
12. Monitoring and Event Logging (2 hours; 3 lab exercises)