ADTRAN Technical Support Professional for Unified Threat Management (ATSP/UTM) (1600NUTME)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Learn the fundamentals of securing your networks using ADTRAN's NetVanta Series of Unified Threat Management (UTM) security appliances in this course. You will learn background information and gain the knowledge and hands-on skills to design, implement, and troubleshoot ADTRAN security solutions.
This technical training covers configuration and deployment of the operating system and user interface of the NetVanta UTM security appliances. You will become familiar with a wide spectrum of ADTRAN's innovative feature set, such as UTM, VPN, SSL VPN, and Content Filtering Service, and you will learn to validate settings and troubleshooting techniques using the embedded diagnostic tools.
Formative evaluations (knowledge checks and hands-on exercises) incorporated throughout this course test new skillsets. At the end of the course, the instructor will administer an online certification exam. With successful completion of this course and passing the certification exam, you will be deemed an ADTRAN Technical Support Professional for UTM (ATSP/UTM).
To attend this course, prerequisite skills and knowledge are required, including completing the ADTRAN Technical Support Associate for UTM (ATSA/UTM) certification. The ATSA/UTM certification curriculum includes three self-paced online courses and a comprehensive online exam. The courses and exam are available at www.adtran.com/certifications/utm. There is no cost to complete ATSA/UTM certification, and it is a required prerequisite for attending the ATSP/UTM class. ATSA/UTM training includes:
Network Security Overview e-Learning (~2 hours)
For those new to network security, this online course provides an introduction to the key concepts and fundamentals of network security.
Network Security Essentials e-Learning (~6 hours)
This online course will provide you with critical foundational information concerning firewall technology, security risks and remediation, and network security design and implementation considerations. Additionally, you will learn how to configure and implement ADTRAN's firewall appliances and extend the firewall's capability using rules, security applications, and other network specific functions and troubleshooting techniques. You will practice key activities through online simulations.
Virtual Private Networking with NetVanta UTM e-Learning (~6 hours)
A critical follow-on to the Network Security Essentials e-Learning course, this online course will give you a comprehensive education in core VPN technology, design, and implementation considerations. You will also learn about ADTRAN-specific VPN configuration and deployment as well as troubleshooting techniques.
ADTRAN Technical Support Professional for Unified Threat Management (ATSP/UTM)
What You'll Learn
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot ADTRAN's NetVanta UTM security appliances
- Configure and deploy comprehensive multi-layered network security policies
- Components of ADTRAN's NetVanta UTM feature set
- Use embedded diagnostic tools to validate and troubleshoot
Who Needs to Attend
System engineers, channel partners, service partners, and system administrators.
- Completion of the prerequisite ATSA/UTM certification which includes:
- Network Security Overview e-Learning course
- Network Security Essentials e-Learning course
- Virtual Private Networking with NetVanta UTM e-Learning course
- ATSA/UTM online exam
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts, network topologies, and the OSI model of networking protocol stacks
- Understanding of TCP/IP, network addressing, subnets, and Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Knowledge of basic router concepts
- Familiarity with IPSec functionality and implementation
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Course Introduction
2. Operating System Fundamentals
3. Scalability and Reliability
- WAN ISP Failover and Load Balancing
- Policy-Based Routing
4. Secure Access and Content Control
- VPN: Site-to-Site, Hub & Spoke, Mesh
- Route-Based VPN
- Global VPN Client (GVC) with Local User Database
- SSL VPN with Local User Database
- SSL VPN and GVC with LDAP Authentication
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) Engine
- Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS)
- Gateway Anti-Virus (GAV)
- Zero Day Protection: Automatic Updates
- Multi-Layered Security Approach