iPhone/iPad Applications Development with the SDK 6.0
Learn iPhone and iPad application development from the ground up.
This fast-paced and intensive course is designed to teach iOS app development from the ground up. You will learn to use the iPhone SDK's Xcode, Interface Builder, and UIKit framework to build and design full-featured iPhone and iPad apps. Discover the techniques and tools that enable you to use all of the powerful features of Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and the various iOS SDK libraries and frameworks. You will also cover the concepts of doing everything programmatically before diving into the Interface Builder, making it easier for you to comprehend designing an iPhone/iPad UI visually with Interface Builder. The ideal combination between instructor-led presentation and the hands-on exercises will enable you to become proficient on the tools and the essentials of iPhone and iPad development.
What You'll Learn
- Efficiently and creatively develop iPhone and iPad applications
- Review Objective-C and the foundation framework including techniques that are essential to becoming a competent and creative iPhone developer
- Programming concepts
- Interface Builder
Who Needs to Attend
- New and experienced application developers who wish to expand their toolset and specialize in developing their own iPhone and iPad Apps for business, education, or personal use
- Developers seeking a career as an iPhone and iPad application developer
- People new to iPhone development or those who started building an iPhone app and need help putting all the pieces together
- Good working knowledge of Objective-C or completion of Programming in Objective-C 2.0 Workshop
- Some experience in Apps development is a plus
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. New with iOS 5.0
- Multi-device data-permanence with iCloud Storage APIs
- Native social integration with the Twitter TweetSheet
- Storyboard in Xcode to manage common view transitions
- Core Image framework for image and video filters
- Message sheet to initiate iMessage conversation room within your application