IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Implementation and Configuration (SN856)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
The IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center (TPC) is an open storage infrastructure management solution designed to help reduce the effort of managing complex storage infrastructures, improve storage capacity utilization, and improve administrative efficiency. It is designed to enable an agile storage infrastructure that can respond to on-demand storage needs.
In this course, you will learn installation, configuration, and the administration of the TPC suite. You will be grouped in teams to perform hands-on labs to install, configure, and administer the IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center suite with a focus on the related hardware, including the Storage Area Network (SAN) Volume Controller. Teams will prepare for installation in their own environment and will perform hands-on labs to experience some features of the suite.
This course includes the installation of TPC Basic Edition, along with upgrades to TPC Standard Edition. You will deploy agents, install and configure CIMOMs, and use many of the features of TPC, including performance monitors, storage provisioning, configuration analysis, and custom reporting.
What You'll Learn
- How to plan and implement the TPC suite to administer, manage, and maintain a comprehensive storage environment
- Install and configure the primary components of the TPC suite in an IBM storage environment
- Utilize the TPC for Disk to administer storage subsystems and monitor performance
- Implement policies, create reports, and monitor file usage by installing and implementing the TPC for Data
- Use the TPC for Fabric to view SAN topologies, manage SAN switches, and monitor storage subsystems
- Learn product architecture to perform problem determination on the TPC components
Who Needs to Attend
This is an intermediate course for individuals who are assessing or planning to deploy the TPC.
Introduction to Storage Networking (SN700) (Course 1625) or equivalent experience
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. TPC concepts overview
2. TPC for Disk
3. TPC for Data
4. TPC for Fabric
5. Hints, tips, problem determination, and product directions