Advanced SAN Design Workshop
Design and build secure and scalable networked storage environments.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Learn to determine design requirements and apply those requirements to multiprotocol SAN design in order to build secure and scalable networked storage environments. You will thoroughly cover advanced SAN design topics incorporating traditional FC-SAN fabrics, IP-SAN environments, geographically dispersed SAN using FCIP, iSCSI, FCoE, and SAN security and management. This solutions-based course includes concentrated participant interaction regarding various design scenarios and the application of design theory.
What You'll Learn
- Assess environments using EMC tools and customer requirements
- Design Storage Area Networks based on assessments
- Design FC, iSCSI, FCIP, and FCoE SANs
- Modify existing SAN designs for consolidation or expansion
- Extend SANs using IP protocols
- Design security protection for designed SANs
Who Needs to Attend
EMC personnel, partners, and customers who are involved in the assessment and design of SAN environments with EMC hardware and software
- Understanding of:
- SCSI, Fibre Channel, and IP network protocols
- Storage Area Network concepts
- Fibre Channel and IP networking knowledge
- Operating system concepts for UNIX and Windows
- EMC storage arrays
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. SAN Assessment and Planning
2. Fibre Channel SAN Design
3. iSCSI SAN Design
4. FCoE SAN Design
5. SAN Extension Design
6. EMC Process
Lab 1: Assess an environment
Lab 2: Fibre Channel SAN design scenario
Lab 3: Fibre Channel SAN migration design scenario
Lab 4: iSCSI SAN design scenario
Lab 5: FCoE SAN design scenario
Lab 6: Design an extended SAN design scenario
Lab 7: Consolidate multiple SANs design scenario