PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration, and Administration (AN410)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Learn to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA for AIX.
What You'll Learn
- What high availability is
- Capabilities of PowerHA for AIX
- Design and plan a highly available cluster
- Install and configure PowerHA for AIX in the following modes of operation: Single resource group on a primary node with standby node and two resource groups in a mutual takeover configuration
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies
- Perform basic system administration tasks for PowerHA
- Perform basic customization for PowerHA
- Perform basic problem determination and recovery
Who Needs to Attend
This advanced course is intended for experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX LVM experience who are responsible for planning and installing a PowerHA 5.5 cluster on an IBM power systems server running AIX 5L V5.3 or later.
You should be an AIX system administrator with TCP/ IP, LVM storage, and disk hardware implementation skills.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1 - Introduction to PowerHA for AIX 5L
- Unit 2 - Basic application and resource group considerations
- Exercise 1
- Exercise 2
- Unit 3 - Basic network considerations
- Unit 4 - Shared storage considerations for high availability
- Unit 5 - Initial cluster configuration steps
- Exercise 3
- Exercise 4
- Exercise 5
- Unit 6 - Verification and basic monitoring
- Unit 7 - Additional network and application considerations
- Unit 8 - Additional cluster configuration steps
- Exercise 6
- Exercise 7
- Exercise 8
- Unit 9 - Basic PowerHA administration
- Unit 10 - Events
- Exercise 9
- Exercise 10
- Unit 11 - Problem determination and recovery
- Unit 12 - PowerHA installation
- Exercise 11
- Open Lab
The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 6.1-level system.