ERS 8800/8600/8300 Advanced Configuration and Maintenance (6722)
Gain hands-on experience building and troubleshooting a Resilient Switch Cluster.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
This course provides an in-depth look at the ERS 8800, ERS 8600, and ERS 8300 products, focusing on the advanced features, maintenance, and troubleshooting. You will gain hands-in experience building and troubleshooting a Resilient Switch Cluster with ERS 8600s and ERS 8300s, observing the traffic flow and predicable failure recovery. . You will implement security features including RADIUS, SNMPv3, and SSH. You will also configure quality of service (QoS) and IP filters on the ERS 8600 R-modules and ERS 8300s.
Throughout the course, you will perform configuration analysis and troubleshoot Layers 1, 2, 3, and 4 utilizing the ERS 8600s maintenance capabilities including PCAP, Ping-Snoop, SMP, IP filters, and log files. You will implement an IP Multicast network using PIM-SSM. You will also cover advanced features of the ERS 8600, including ERS 8600 R modules, 10 Gig Ethernet, advanced QoS, and IPv6 implementation.
What You'll Learn
- ERS 8600, 8300, and 1600 hardware and software features and benefits
- ERS 8600 hardware, including the chassis, power supplies, switch fabrics, and I/O modules
- Proper initial start up operation of the ERS chassis
- Maintain the run-time configuration files and maintains file synchronization with ERS
- Use passwords, filters, and protocols to manage security on the ERS 8600
- Configure Power over Ethernet on ERS
- Two options for link aggregation on the ERS products and Split MultiLink Trunking (SMLT) topology and design requirements
- Diagnostic commands available on the ERS 8600
- QoS on the ERS 8600 R modules
- Configure bandwidth management and implement IP filtering to control traffic on the ERS 8300 and 1600 within the network
- Manage QoS on the ERS 8300 and ERS 1600
- Functions of traffic filters on ERS 8600 legacy modules
- Multicast protocols supported on the ERS products and how they operate within supported topologies
- Benefits of implementing a Threat Protection System using the SDM
- Support Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) interfaces, ATM applications, and standards-based ATM functions with ERS
- Ethernet Routing Switch 8683POSE module provides network transmission using Packet over SONET services
Who Needs to Attend
Technical staff responsible for configuration and maintenance of the ERS8600, ERS8300, or ERS1600 products
- Ability to use network management tool to configure network equipment
- Understanding of Ethernet packet switching and routing on Avaya ERS products
There are no follow-ons for this course.