CUPM - Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager
Learn to effectively use the Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Cisco® Unified Provisioning Manager (Cisco UPM) is a reliable and scalable web-based provisioning solution to manage a company's critical next-generation communications services. In this course, you will learn how to effectively use the Cisco UPM application. You will focus on using this product to learn how to provision Cisco Unified Communications initial deployments as well as to provide ongoing operational provisioning and activation services for individual subscriber changes. You will use the Cisco UPM application to manage subscribers, order products and services for subscribers, provision the Cisco Unified Communications infrastructure, track phone and directory numbers in an inventory, implement business abstractions for workflow processes that might require approving orders for delegation, and configure provisioning attributes that are applied to the services on an order during activation. Hands-on labs will reinforce what is discussed in the lecture.
To participate in this course, you are required to bring your own laptop.
What You'll Learn
- What is meant by the term "Unified Communications"
- The management space and the suite of Cisco products for managing the Cisco UC System
- Associated network management needs and challenges
Effectively use Cisco UPM to:
- Autoconfigure a UC environment by domains and service areas
- Push infrastructure configurations out to new networks
- Load subscriber data or migrate existing subscriber data
- Administer individual adds, updates, or deletes through a single interface and synchronize it across the UC environment
- Roll out new subscribers and services automatically on existing UC networks
- Properly provision Cisco UC networks, consisting of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Cisco Unity, Cisco Unity Express, and Cisco Unity Connection
Who Needs to Attend
- Voice network administrators and operators who will be provisioning Cisco Unified Communications products
- System administrators, system integrators, professional services, and consultants who manage the Cisco UPM server and prepare the network devices for network management services
- Basic user-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Basic web browser usability knowledge
- TCP/IP networking experience
- Basic Cisco router and switch configuration experience
- Basic IP telephony network administration skills
- Familiarity with the implementation and administration of:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Cisco Unity
- Cisco Unity Express
- Cisco Unity Connection
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Overview of Unified Communications
- Provisioning Unified Communications
- Cisco UPM Overview
2. Using Cisco UPM
- Getting Started
- Setup Deployment
- Order Subscriber Services
- Policy Management
- Inventory Management
- Provisioning the Network
- Integration and Northbound Interfaces
3. System Administration
- Planning for Deployment
- Preparing for Deployment
- System Maintenance