Backup and Recovery Media Services (BRMS) for System i (AS280)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Learn about Backup and Recovery Media Services/400 (BRMS/400), an integrated and comprehensive tool for managing backup, archive, and recovery operations for a single iSeries system or multiple iSeries systems at a site or across a network. Learn to use BRMS/400 to classify, track, and protect customer tape media.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the major functions of BRMS/400
- Install BRMS/400 on a single system or in a network
- Implement a previously defined backup and recovery strategy using BRMS/400
- Implement a previously defined archival and retrieval plan, including dynamic retrieval using BRMS/400
- Learn how to use the latest V5R1 Graphical User Interface (GUI) enhancements
- Be able to shorten save times using BRMS and Save-While-Active (SWA)
- Utilize a tape library using BRMS/400
Who Needs to Attend
This is a basic course for marketing and field support individuals, IBM Business Partners for sales and implementation, and iSeries Data Processing (DP) operations individuals, and others who would like a better understanding of how BRMS works.
You should have basic understanding of iSeries save and restore operations.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- BRMS/400 introduction
- Installing BRMS/400
- Media devices and management
- Backup and recovery
- Archive and retrieval
- Parallel save and restore
- Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM)
- Daily maintenance
- Tape library operation