Prepare for and take the COBIT Foundation Exam.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Discover the benefits of a sound IT governance framework and learn to realize effective IT governance using the COBIT best practices framework. Using practical examples and a case-study-driven approach, you'll examine the COBIT framework along with all other components of the COBIT toolkit, such as audit guidelines and management guidelines. You'll learn to use COBIT in a logical and understandable manner, and you'll validate your knowledge with interactive exercises.
This course is an ISACA COBIT class and is aligned with COBIT Version 4.1.
What You'll Learn
- How IT management issues affect organizations
- Principles of IT governance, how IT governance helps address IT management issues, and who should be responsible for IT governance
- The need for a control framework driven by the need for IT governance
- How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- The COBIT framework and components (control objectives, control practices, management guidelines, and audit guidelines)
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation
- Benefits of using COBIT
Who Needs to Attend
IT managers, IT quality professionals, IT leadership, IT developers, and process practitioners and managers in IT service firms. Anyone interested in learning more about COBIT.
- Some experience in the IT governance domain is assumed.
- We recommend that you get a copy of the COBIT 4.1 publication before class. Download it from the ISACA web site for free.
1. Introduction to COBIT
- Responding to IT Challenges
- A Control Framework