Implementing POWER6, Virtualization and AIX 6.1 for POWER5/AIX 5L Administrators (AN021)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Learn about the features that are available in the new POWER6, Hardware Management Console (HMC) v.7 and AIX 6 environments. Through lectures and lab exercises, learn about: Partition Mobility; System and Application Workload Partitions; Host Ethernet Adapter or Integrated Virtual Ethernet; Role Based Access Controls and several other minor enhancements.
What You'll Learn
- Discuss the POWER6 Hardware Architecture
- Explore the HMC Version 7 Interface
- Discuss and configure the new approaches to virtualization such as Workload Partitions and Live Application Mobility
- Discuss and configure virtualization enhancements such as Dedicated Shared Processor and Multiple Shared pools (if supported)
- Identify new security features
- Discuss continuous availability options such as storage keys, and concurrent AIX Kernel update
- Discuss the difference between AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1
- Use IBM Systems Director for System p Administration
Who Needs to Attend
An advanced course for AIX technical support individuals (system administrators, engineers, architects) who purchase, manage, and plan an IBM System p POWER6 server running the AIX 5L V5.3 TL6 (or greater) operating system with an HMC at version 7.
Basic AIX and LPAR system administration experience
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Overview of POWER6 Features
2. Hardware Management Console Version 7
3. Integrated Virtual Ethernet
4. Processor Virtualization Enhancements
5. VIOS Enhancements
6. Partition Mobility
7. AIX Version 6.1 Overview
8. Workload Partitions
9. AIX 6 Security Features
10. IBM Systems Director Console for AIX
11. LINUX on POWER6
Hands-on Labs throughout the course will reinforce skills learned.