EMC RecoverPoint Operations and Management
Learn how RecoverPoint technology can help you achieve and maintain data recovery objectives.
This course focuses on leveraging RecoverPoint technology to achieve and maintain application Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
This course supports RecoverPoint V3.4 SP1.
Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.
What You'll Learn
- Data replication principles of the RecoverPoint solution
- Manage security and alerting using the RecoverPoint Management Application
- RecoverPoint configuration and data replication tasks
- Basic troubleshooting and log collection using the RecoverPoint Management Application and Command Line Interface
Who Needs to Attend
Those responsible for:
- Integrating and designing information/support
- Implementing procedures or assistance
- Managing the RecoverPoint appliance platform in EMC and heterogenerous storage environments
An understanding of:
- Principles of data migration
- Interaction of different EMC components within a complex integrated SAN environment with support for multiple types of arrays
- UNIX (AIX, Linux, and Solaris) and Windows (W2K, W2K3 Server) system administration
- IP Networking: subnets, routing, theory of IP assignment, floating IPs, calculating IP latency, connectivity analysis
- FC SAN implementation and administration, including configuration and zoning of SAN switches
- EMC storage array configuration: identifying storage requirements for RecoverPoint environments and follow-through with storage configuration including volume creation, mapping, and presentation to the host environment
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Recover Point
2. Getting Started with RecoverPoint
3. Consistency Group Operations
4. Managing the RecoverPoint Environment
5. Event Notification and Troubleshooting
- RecoverPoint Environment Familiarization
- Replication Configuration
- Managing Replication Jobs
- CRR Image Access
- Working with Consistency Group Policies
- Working with CLR
- Adding and Removing Journal Volumes