EMC Networker Installation, Configuration, and Administration
Get an introduction to EMC NetWorker installation, configuration, maintenance, management, backup, and recovery.
This course explores EMC NetWorker installation, configuration, maintenance, management, backup, and recovery. The course contains lectures, instructor demonstrations, and hands-on labs to provide practice in both UNIX and Windows environments.
Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.
What You'll Learn
- Install NetWorker and NetWorker Management Console
- Use NetWorker resources and administrative interfaces
- Perform backups
- Customize backups
- Configure and manage standalone devices
- Configure and manage libraries
- Manage NetWorker databases
- Manage NetWorker media
- Administer the NetWorker server
- Perform cloning and staging of save sets
- Administer the NetWorker Management Console server and generate reports
- Perform recoveries of client data
- How to back up and recover in VSS and cluster environments
Who Needs to Attend
System administrators, partners, and software support specialists who install, configure, and support EMC NetWorker in Windows and Linux environments
- Backup and recovery concepts and principles
- Network administration in a TCP/IP environment
- SCSI device configuration, cabling, and addressing
- Windows or Linux system administration
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Certification Programs and Certificate Tracks
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
1. Installing NetWorker and NetWorker Management Console
2. NetWorker Resources and Administrative Interfaces
3. Performing Backups
4. NetWorker Media Management
5. Configuring and Managing Libraries
6. Configuring and Managing Standalone Devices
7. NetWorker Database Management
8. Performing Cloning and Staging
9. Administering the NetWorker Server
10. Administering the NetWorker Management Console Server
11. Performing Recoveries
12. Recovering a NetWorker Server
13. Backing Up in VSS and Cluster Environments
In addition to lecture and demonstrations, this course includes hands-on exercises and labs in Windows and Linux environments designed to give you practical experience.