Gain an in-depth exposure to EMC ControlCenter v6.1
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
This specialization-level course provides a thorough exposure to EMC ControlCenter. You will cover managed objects, control data collection, and manage the detailed ControlCenter user security model. A significant amount of lecture and lab time is spent on allocating storage on Symmetrix and CLARiiON arrays, from creation and configuration of devices to masking devices to a host. You will also learn how to use ControlCenter to initiate and monitor Symmetrix local and remote data replication tasks. To make storage available to hosts, you will learn the SAN management tasks that can be performed with ControlCenter. You will get an overview of ControlCenter host management tasks, and you will cover automating tiered storage allocation tasks using Storage Provisioning Services.
ControlCenter has a variety of data center monitoring features. You will learn how to configure fault and threshold alerts and to use ControlCenter as an alert tracking and routing tool. Further investigating your environment, you will learn how to use StorageScope's reporting and querying features and how to use ControlCenter to collect and view performance measures.
This course presents ControlCenter's wide-ranging monitoring and management capabilities, but it does not provide background information on storage architecture, SAN management, or the other tasks you can perform with the product.
This course supports ControlCenter version 6.1 with update bundle 5.
Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.
What You'll Learn
- Architectural components
- Integrate ControlCenter security into your existing Windows security model
- Determine resource allocation and utilization within your data center
- Manage ControlCenter alerts and autofixes
- How ControlCenter alerts can be escalated to an existing SNMP Framework
- Customize StorageScope reports and queries
- Performance management tasks using ControlCenter
- Architect and perform business continuity functions using ControlCenter
- Manage SAN environments including zone and zone set manipulation and device masking
Who Needs to Attend
Anyone who presently or plans to:
- Utilize EMC ControlCenter to manage a storage environment
- Architect and position customer solutions using EMC ControlCenter
- ControlCenter architecture
- Symmetrix and CLARiiON management and configuration
- Symmetrix local and remote data replication
- SAN zoning and masking operations
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Certification Programs and Certificate Tracks
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
1. ControlCenter Architecture
2. ControlCenter Console Views
3. ControlCenter Administration
4. ControlCenter Configuration and Control
5. ControlCenter Alerts and Framework Integration
6. ControlCenter Reporting
7. ControlCenter Performance Management
8. ControlCenter Task Management
9. ControlCenter Automation
Lab 1: Using the Console to Monitor the Datacenter
Lab 2: User and Data Collection Policy Administration
Lab 3: Array Configuration - Symmetrix
Lab 4: Array Configuration - CLARiiON
Lab 5: SAN Management
Lab 6: Business Continuity Management
Lab 7: Alert Management
Lab 8: Alert Planning
Lab 9: StorageScope Reporting and Customization
Lab 10: Automated Storage Provisioning Using SPS
The following scenario-based labs allow you to reinforce and apply knowledge learned:
- Business Continuity - Planning, Preparation, and Implementation
- Storage Provisioning - Planning, Preparation, and Implementation
- ControlCenter Reporting - Planning, Preparation, and Implementation